What Types of Testing We Offer
A blower door is a powerful fan that we will mount in the frame of one of your exterior doors. The purpose of the use of the fan is to pull air out of your home, which will lower the pressure inside, allowing the outside air pressure to flow through any unsealed cracks and openings that exist in your home. Our trained specialist will walk through your home with a smoke pencil that will allow them to pinpoint your troublesome areas.
How to Prepare for Your Inspection
- If you burn wood in your home, make sure that your fire is completely out. This includes even any coals, before your specialist arrives.
- Make sure that your attic, crawl space, closets and any unused rooms are easily accessible.
- All air inlets in your home will need to be closed such as fireplace dampers, doors, windows etc.
- Fossil fuel appliances will need to be shut down temporarily so they don’t fire during the test.
- Be sure to set aside a few hours for the test to allow the technicians to be as thorough as possible.
Our Insulation Reviews:
"They sprayed foam in my 110-year-old attic to provide a vapor barrier and then added cellulose over the top. My contacts with them were always professional and courteous. They cared about keeping me happy. I didn't hire them because they are a bargain, but because they do quality work!"
"The installation team did a great job."
"You were so patient and accommodating with all of our questions. The attention to detail by everyone was so good to see and made us confident we had made the right choice. We are happy and satisfied with all the work. Now we hope to see substantial savings on our heating and air conditioning."
"We appreciate the professionalism that every team that visited showed us and our house. Thank you very much."
"I can’t rave enough about the customer service! I expressed my curiosity of an estimate. Dylan made the process very explainable and broke it down to me in levels of importance first and what we need to do in the future. I am looking forward to doing my home improvement w/ a business that understands my needs and is willing to work with me. Thanks Lindus Construction!"
"My house was done (with insulation) this fall what a warmer difference it has made. Thanks so much!!!!"