I don’t think there is a single person in the Twin Cities metro that is not ready for spring to arrive in a big way. We are ready to put gloomy cloudy, days behind us and open the windows to let the fresh air and sunshine in. If you are in the mood to maximize the combination of fresh air and sunshine into your living area, we have just the home improvement product for you. It is called the Solar Powered “Fresh Air” skylight by VELUX. You will see the features and benefits below by adding skylights to you home and how it will not only increase your mood, but put money back in your pocketbook as well.
Artificial lighting is one of the largest sources of energy consumption in the United States, accounting for up to 40% of a structure’s total energy use. By installing a skylight properly in your home, you will recoup your money in less than two years. By adding natural light to your living area with skylights, you will be reducing your use of artificial light in those areas on average up to 70%-80%. The best thing about exposing yourself to natural light more often is that you can expect a 24% increase in energy according to scientific experts!
How it works
The Solar Powered “Fresh Air” skylight features a solar panel that captures any available daylight and uses it to recharge a highly efficient, fully concealed, battery powered operator and control system. The battery-powered operator is the power source that opens and closes the skylight, and the solar panel serves as the charging source for the system
Benefits of adding a Solar Powered “Fresh Air” skylight in your home
- The no leak warranty carries a 10-year installation warranty, plus 20-years on glass. 10-years on the product & 5-years on blinds & controls.
- Adding fresh air and ventilation to your home is essential to your health & well-being.
- The solar panel works even on cloudy days with indirect sunlight. It does not have to be exposed to direct sunlight to function.
- In case of inclement weather, it has an integrated rain sensor that will close the automatically.
- The skylight requires no wiring, which makes for easy and cost effective installation.
- It is remote controlled for extreme ease of use.
- The inner pane is laminated for additional safety so if the glass accidentally broke it will not shatter. Laminated glass meets codes for products installed out of reach.
- There are eight different choices of blinds to choose from. If you order the skylight & the blind at the same time, VELUX will pre-program your remote to control both the window and the blind.