Think about an asphalt driveway in the summer. Walking across one is basically like running across a bed of hot coals, right? Now think about your roof which is likely made of asphalt granules. On a hot summer day, black asphalt shingles can be as much as 80 degrees higher than the air temperature. When this happens, the hot air on your roof is absorbed into your home, raising its temperature or making your air conditioner work harder which costs you more in energy bills.
What’s a Cool Roof?
A cool roof is a roof whose granules are designed to be especially reflective and emissive. This means that the roof will deflect sunlight rather than absorb it. When this happens, your home’s temperature rises and heats up your home or causes your air conditioning unit to work harder to keep your home cool. This, in turn, raises your energy bills. Studies have shown that in the long run, a cool roof can make more sense than a traditional asphalt roof. Do know that your roof is only part of your roofing system. Without proper insulation and ventilation, a roof cannot function to its fullest potential.
Lindus Construction is proud to offer GAF asphalt roofing. Founded in 1886, GAF has become North America’s largest manufacturer of commercial and residential roofing. GAF shingles come in a variety of colors and styles. Many homeowners are drawn to GAF because of the Golden Pledge warranty that offers 50 years of peace of mind. The non-prorated warranty covers materials & workmanship, a rare find in the roofing industry. To meet your cool roofing needs, GAF offers Timberline Shingles.
Install GAF Timberline Cool Shingles & Enjoy:
- Patented StainGuard® protection to assure the beauty of your roof against unsightly blue-green algae.
- A savings of 7-15% off total cooling costs. (Variables include your home’s location, structure & climate you live in.)
- Roofing granules that give a shingle its unique look and tone.
- ENERGY STAR® qualified roofing that maintains a more constant temperature, reducing thermal shock, and encouraging a longer shelf life.
GAF Timberline Cool Shingle Incentives:
- Reduced energy consumption at home.
- Class A fire rating from Underwriters Laboratories—the highest rating possible. Many insurance companies award lower insurance premiums as a result.
- Dura Grip™ Adhesive seals each shingle tightly and reduces the risk of shingle blow-off. Shingles warranted to withstand winds up to 130 mph